Basak manages the InTrans long-term bridge management system implementation project for the Iowa Department of Transportation and other bridge management projects at InTrans. She conducts research in various areas such as infrastructure asset management, infrastructure risk and resilience, infrastructure condition assessment, asset performance modeling, transportation safety, transportation data analysis and transportation economics. She is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) at Iowa State University and occasionally teaches on transportation engineering subjects.
Additional role at InTrans and/or Iowa State University
- Research Scientist, Center for Transportation Research and Education
- Assessing Bridge Characteristics for Use and Importance as Roosting Habitats for Bats Mar 2015 - Feb 2018
- AASHTOWare BrM Bridge Management System Implementation and Operation Nov 2006 - Dec 2017
- Risk-Based Bridge Management: A Methodology to Assess and Incorporate Risk in Decision-Making Jun 2014 - May 2017
- MnDOT LRRB Minnesota Local Agency Pavement Marking: Mining Existing Data May 2014 - Feb 2017
- Upgrading Bridge Rails on Low-Volume Roads in Iowa Jul 2014 - Jun 2016