Start date: 04/30/15
End date: 04/29/18
About the research
This research project should help the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) prepare a specification that will increase the probability of achieving crack free, long-lasting concrete bridge decks. The research will develop a state-of-the-art bridge concrete that will give a unique consideration to coming up with the best mix characteristics that will ultimately extend bridge life and delay (or eliminate) the need to replace decks prior to superstructure replacement. The two main objectives of this study are as follows:
(1) The bridge deck will be crack-free immediately after construction.
(2) The bride deck has the strength and serviceability characteristics that will allow it to perform for up to 75 years of active service.
- Federal Highway Administration State Planning and Research Funding
- Federal Highway Administration-Ohio Division
- Ohio Department of Transportation