June 2, 2021
This free webinar will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (Part 1) and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Part 2). All times are Central.
Details to access the Webex webinar sessions will be emailed along with a confirmation after you register. Attendance is required at both sessions for a certificate.
This workshop will benefit state and local professionals that plan, design, inspect, and construct ADA-related facilities within the public right-of-way. State and local agency staff, consultants, and contractors are encouraged to attend.
The content of this webinar will be presented jointly by LTAP and DOT staff over a span of 2 sessions on the same day, with each session lasting 2 hours. Attendance at both sessions is recommended since the topics build off of each other. However, attendance is required at both sessions for a certificate to be provided.
- Iowa DOT and SUDAS have produced Design Standards and/or Plan Preparation Requirements for Accessible Sidewalks
- The Design Manuals are updated periodically as changes are needed, and the course covers the current standards
- Accessibility of public rights-of-way is required by the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Renewed focus on consistent compliance with ADA Curb Ramp Design and Work Zone Accessibility
- Workshop will update and summarize the Sidewalk, Curb Ramp, and Work Zone Portions of the Iowa DOT Design Manual, and provide information about Plan Preparation Requirements
Typical Workshop Agenda
June 2, 2021 Morning Session – Part 1
|Setting the Stage|
|Summary of Updated ADA-Related Design Standards and Information|
|11 a.m.||Adjourn until afternoon session|
June 2, 2021 Afternoon Session – Part 2
|1 p.m.||Summary of Updated ADA-Related Design Standards and Information (continued as needed)|
|Plan Components, Creation, and Tools for Production|
|Pedestrian Facilities during Construction|
For More Information
If you have questions about this workshop please contact Keith Knapp at 515-294-8817 or firstname.lastname@example.org.