November 17, 2020
1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Join us for this year’s virtual Local Road Safety Workshop on November 17, 2020. This year’s multidisciplinary workshop will feature different roadway safety topics from an engineering, law enforcement and planning perspective.
- DOT Updates, Roundabout Safety, and Pedestrian Safety – Jan Laaser-Webb, Iowa DOT Traffic and Safety Bureau, and Sarah Okerlund, Iowa DOT Local Systems Bureau
- GTSB Update and Distracted & Impaired Driving – Brandi Thompson, GTSB
- Iowa Funding Sources – Nikki Stinn, Iowa DOT Local Systems Bureau
- FHWA Update and Rural Roadway Departures – Paul LaFleur, FHWA
- Roadside Safety and Countermeasures – David Veneziano, Iowa LTAP
Who Should Attend?
Interested professionals from planning agencies, law enforcement, engineering, consulting, and other disciplines from all levels of government are encouraged to participate in this workshop as it aims to strengthen and expand the overall safety of local roads and streets in Iowa.