Hampton Inn & Suites
6210 SE Convenience Blvd.
Ankeny, IA 50021
October 12, 2023
Registration check-in begins at 7:45 a.m.
Workshop starts at 8:30 a.m.
The Multidisciplinary Roadway Safety Series (formerly the Local Road Safety Workshops) is an annual series held at convenient locations in Iowa to provide the most current information and advice for improving safety on local agencies’ roads and streets in terms of planning, law enforcement, education, and engineering. This is an opportunity to hear about the latest work and programs aimed at reducing fatal crashes on Iowa roadways from various safety partners in the state, including the Iowa DOT Traffic and Safety, Local Systems and Systems Planning Bureaus, Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) – Iowa Division, Governors Traffic Safety Bureau (GTSB), and the Iowa Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP).
Who Should Attend?
Interested professionals from engineering and planning agencies, law enforcement, consulting, and other disciplines interested in an opportunity to meet, learn, interact, and share experiences, opinions, and suggestions for strengthening and expanding the overall safety program for local roads and streets in Iowa in a multi-disciplinary manner. This is also a chance to ask specific questions about and have different features demonstrated for the Iowa DOT’s Iowa Crash Analysis Tool (ICAT) and Potential for Crash Reduction (PCR) tools.
Agenda and Presenters
- 8:30 AM Welcome and Introductions, Overview of the day
- 8:40 AM Rural Roadway Departure Peer Exchange Review
- 9:20 AM GTSB Updates
- 9:30 AM Alternative Intersections
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM Break
- 10:15 AM Iowa LTAP Updates and Low Volume Roads Conf. Takeaways
- 10:25 AM Iowa Crash Analysis Tool (ICAT)/Potential for Crash Reduction (PCR) Demonstration
- 11:05 AM GTSB Partnering Efforts, Distracted Driving Discussion, and High Five Update/Review
- 11:35 AM Vulnerable Road User Guide and Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- 11:45 AM – 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 12:30 PM Speed Management
- 1:00 PM Speed Feedback Sign Program, HSIP Changes and New Access Management Rule
- 1:15 PM Sign Replacement Program For Cities and Counties Update
- 1:25 PM – 1:35 PM Break
- 1:35 PM Low Volume Roads Conference Safety Session Recap
- 1:45 PM Local Systems Updates and Safety Project Funding and Assistance Programs
- 2:15 PM Wrap-up/Evaluations/Adjourn