InTrans / Mar 19, 2020
LTAP is Here as a Resource for You!
The following letter is being distributed to all of Iowa LTAP’s contacts:
In these uncertain times communication is key. Please consider Iowa LTAP as a resource that is ready to help. We are open for business and working to set up weekly updates with additional resources and/or online opportunities that we hope will be of value to Iowa’s local agencies. A list of free training and technical material resources already available on our website is below. Check it out!
If you’d like to get this information directly from LTAP (as some of the training opportunities may have short advertising time frames) please subscribe to our Iowa LTAP mail list on the right side of our home page (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/).
While we have had to cancel or postpone some trainings, we are also still available to answer technical questions and find technical resources for you (please call or email us).
Free online training and technical information resources that are available for your use on our website:
- Information for free online training from ITE, TC3, and FHWA (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/web-based-training-opportunities/)
- Free video streaming service for your use (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/videos/)
- 100s of “tailgate talk” materials (https://nltapa.org/information-exchange/nltapa-tailgate-talks/)
- Our safety training resources webpage (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/safety-resources-main-face/)
- Some past webinar recordings from LTAP and FHWA (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/webinars/ and https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/fhwa-webinars-innovation-exchange/)
- APWA online Leadership Institute Training (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/public-employees-leadership-institute/)
- Technology News (our newsletter) (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/technology-news-new/)
- Safety Circuit Rider online materials (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/safety-circuit-rider/)
- Library and online resources (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/stan-ring-memorial-library-and-online-resources/)
- MDST website with a tool box of lots of safety links (https://iowaltap.iastate.edu/mdst/)
Also, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have suggestions for materials or presentations we can provide electronically (email@example.com, 515-294-8817) and check back to our website frequently as we update the status of our workshops. Registration for any workshops that are active on the website does not require immediate payment. We will always contact those that have registered for a workshop if there are changes in its status.
Be healthy and safe. We are all in this one together. With gratitude.
Keith Knapp, Paul Albritton, David Veneziano, Theresa Litteral, and Christinia Crippes