Mr. Jones became the communications manager in 2015. He works with a team of professionals who provide technical communication, marketing, and public relations services and leadership for InTrans centers, programs, and partners.
- MA, Communication, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
- BS, Journalism and Mass Communication, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Communications Manager, Institute for Transportation, Iowa State University, 2015–present, Ames, IA
- Manages a staff of writers, editors, web managers, student writers, and graphic designers.
- Collaborates with InTrans and individual center directors to formulate and implement a consistent communications program
- Develops and publishes a wide variety of effective communication materials, including websites, reports, articles, press releases, newsletters, and news stories, for many different audiences.
- Communications Director, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Iowa State University, 2008–2015, Ames, IA
- Communications Specialist, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Iowa State University, 2007–2008, Ames, IA
- Communications Manager, Heartland Area Education Agency, 1999–2007, Johnston, IA
- News Writer/Speechwriter, News Service – University Relations, Iowa State University, 1989–1999, Ames, IA
- Assistant to the Director, Office of Public Relations, University of Northern Iowa, 1987–1989, Cedar Falls, IA
- Director, College Relations, Wayne State College, 1984–1987, Wayne, NE
- Sports Information Director – News Editor, Wayne State College, 1983–1984, Wayne, NE