About the research
The overall scope of the contract involves providing technical, engineering, publications, marketing, and professional support services, as needed, in a variety of transportation topics to support the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Office of Infrastructure (HIF) program.
Potential activities include, but are not limited to, policy/regulatory support and analysis, analysis of program delivery approaches, program evaluations, feasibility studies, white papers, development of technical manuals and reports, guidance, standards, analytical tools, including data visualizations applications and trade-off analysis, focus group meetings, meeting support, course development and delivery, workshops/seminars, case studies, handbooks, marketing and communication strategies/activities such as videos, technical briefs, articles, brochures, and outreach to industry.
This project supports several task orders. They include the following:
- Guide for Standardized Modular Orthotropic Steel Deck
- Developing Guidance Documents and Training Workshops to Support Enhancement of the State DOTs Transportation Asset Management Plans
- Advancing Bridge Load Rating: Best Practices and Model Frameworks
- Applying the Transportation Asset Management Plan (TAMP) System Performance Requirements to Pavement and Bridge Conditions
- Load Rating Program Technical Support Services for Conducting Peer Exchange