About the research
The research team will work closely with the Iowa Department of Transportation’s Operations Division for input and feedback specific to cooperative autonomous transportation (CAT) research, applications, data analytics, demonstrations, and discovery. This project will comprise multiple tasks, including research and support.
This work is focused to support Iowa DOT’s vision of delivering a safe, reliable, and efficient transportation system by developing an AT-ready driving environment. The work focuses on priority areas for the DOT as part of an overall CAT focus.
Tasks supported by this project include the following:
- Automated Traffic Signal Performance Measures (ATSPMs) Pilot Implementation
- Improved Work Zone Data Feed
- Pikalert CAV Demonstration
- Work Zone Data Exchange Committee Participation and Data Feed
- Iowa Signal Phasing and Timing (SPaT) and MAP Demonstration Project: Phase I
- Smart Arrow Board Evaluation Supporting Iowa DOTs QPL
- Statewide Pavement Marking
- Audible Attenuator