May 5, 2020 — May 6, 2020
The webinar will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. each day, Part 1 on 5/5 and Part 2 on 5/6. Attendance is required at both for a certificate.
This workshop will benefit state and local professionals that plan, design, inspect, and construct ADA-related facilities within the public right-of-way. State and local agency staff, consultants, and contractors are encouraged to attend.
This content of this webinar will be presented over a span of 2 days with each session lasting 2 hours. Attendance is required both days for a certificate to be provided.
- Iowa DOT has produced Design Standards and Plan Preparation Requirements for Accessible Sidewalks
- The 2011 Design Manual from Iowa DOT is updated periodically as changes are needed, and the course covers the current standards
- Accessibility of public rights-of-way is required by the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Renewed focus on consistent compliance with ADA Curb Ramp Design and Work Zone Accessibility
- Workshop will update and summarize the Sidewalk, Curb Ramp, and Work Zone Portions of the Iowa DOT Design Manual, and provide information about Plan Preparation Requirements
Typical Workshop Agenda
May 5, 2020 – Part 1
|Setting the Stage
|Summary of Updated ADA-Related Design Standards and Information
May 6, 2020 – Part 2
|Summary of Updated ADA-Related Design Standards and Information (continued as needed)
|Plan Components, Creation, and Tools for Production
|Pedestrian Facilities during Construction
For More Information
If you have questions about this workshop please contact Keith Knapp at 515-294-8817 or email@example.com.